In this article you will learn how to use the 3spin Learning app on a Windows PC.
The 3spin Learning Desktop App provides you with three modes to choose from when you launch it.
Select the desired mode by clicking on the corresponding tile.
If you haven't installed the app yet, you can find the installation instructions here.
Learn in VR
Use this mode when using a PC-based headset (e.g. HTC Vive) through Steam VR.
When a suitable headset is connected, click the Learn in VR tile to launch the app on your headset.
If a headset is only connected after the app start or it has not yet been recognized, press the Find Device button. If the search is successful, the Learn in VR tile becomes active and can now be selected as the mode.
For more information about using the app in a headset, see the following articles:
- Launch the 3spin Learning app and log in
- Synchronize and select training courses
- Navigation and interaction in a training
- (for authors) Placing objects in the virtual space
Learn on Desktop
This mode provides you with the full functionality of the app on your PC. So you can run trainings as a learner alone or together in the network. If you have an author account, you can also edit your courses on the PC.
The only difference - besides the significantly lower immersion - is the operation. On the PC, you operate the app with mouse and keyboard, of course.
The following table shows how to use the app's functions on the PC.
|Function||Interaction / button|
|Look around / change viewing direction||Mouse|
|Walk forward||W or arrow up|
|Walk backward||S or arrow down|
|Walk sideways to the left||A or arrow left|
|Walk sideways to the right||D or arrow right|
|Teleport||Double-click with left mouse button on a free space on the floor|
|Function||Interaction / button|
|Click objects or hotspots||Click on the object with the left mouse button|
|Grasp and move moving objects||Press the left mouse button on the object, keep it pressed and drag the mouse|
|Bring up / push away gripped object||Mouse wheel|
|Pick up a movable object||Right-click on the object|
|Drop an picked up object||Right-click on the place where you want to drop the object|
|Switch the viewing height (standing pose / lowered pose)||ALT|
|Switch mouse mode (look around / mouse pointer)*.||SPACE|
|Show / hide menu||ESC|
* In Look Around mode, the mouse controls the direction of view; in Mouse Pointer mode, the mouse pointer moves on the surface of the screen. Use this mode, for example, as an author when placing objects in the scene.
This mode is primarily intended for trainers who accompany learners while they complete a training course. It allows them to participate in network training sessions as a passive observer.
Spectator mode shows them the training from the perspective of the active user.
Follow the steps below to observe a training as a Spectator:
- Launch the app and click the Spectate tile.
- Make sure that a network training room is opened on another device ("Learn Together").
- If necessary, switch from the tutorial view to the training view by clicking the Trainings button.
- Select the appropriate training.
- In the following screen, press the LEARN TOGETHER button.
- Enter the network room by clicking on the corresponding tile.